Approve Updates based on release date?

Jun 3, 2014 at 2:55 PM
I'm trying to implement a three-tiered system for installing updates via WSUS for our DEV, QA and Production environments respectively. I would like DEV updates to be approved automatically so that part is easy. I would like to approve updates after being "in the wild" for 1 month for QA servers. Then I would like to approve only updates that are 2+ months in the wild for PROD on a quarterly basis.

My question is: Is it possible to approve updates based on the update's release date while omitting any Denied updates?
Jun 3, 2014 at 3:59 PM
And nevermind. I completely missed it the first time somehow but after going through everything again it was really simple. I'm using the following to approve updates for my QA environment (any updates older than 1 month should be installed). So the script simply gets an update, checks if it is declines and then if the date of creation is greater than 1 month it is approved.

get-poshwsusupdate | where{$_.IsDeclined -ne ("False")} | where{$_.creationdate -le ((Get-Date).AddMonths(-1))} | approve-poshwsusupdate -action Install -Group QUAL -verbose
Jul 30, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Sorry but doesn't "where{$_.IsDeclined -ne ("False")}" look for updates that are declined?
Shouldn't it be where{$_.IsDeclined -ne ("True")}?