Great Job!

Oct 9, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I had been trying, unsuccessfully, to use PowerShell to administer WSUS.  I was able to get it to report members of groups and small things like that, but nothing that wasn't able to be seen by the GUI.  I found your product and it does exactly what I was looking for.

I recently moved WSUS to a virtual server and regrouped the computers.  Some are in the same group, while others got moved around.  I approved all the updates I could, but there were still some left over that I wasn't sure if the other machines in the same group needed.  Along came PoshWSUS.  With this, I was able to write a little script that gave me a list of all the updates for a group, and then I filtered it down to just updates that were applicable to one member of that group.  Now I just have to apply those "one-sie" updates.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Thank you for the kind words! I am still busy with plans to update this some more to fix bugs (like the one you posted) as well as a few other improvements here and there with existing cmdlets. This is about 3rd down on my list of things to work but hoepfully will publish something new before the end of the year.